Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update!


Well I have been reading other's blogs for sometime now and since my little sis is doing it I thought I would join her. Where to start? Frank and I currently live in Georgia and absolutely love it! We have 3 beautiful children ~ Brock, 17, Therese, 15 and Zach who is 6. We recently built our dream house on an acre and are very close to my parents. (right down the street) As for our header (Hope~Energy~Life) is has great meaning to us. It is the motto that we live by since our youngest was diagnosed with a Mitochondrial Disorder. The plain English explanation... Mitochondrial diseases result from failures of the mitochondria, specialized compartments present in every cell of the body except red blood cells. Mitochondria are responsible for creating more than 90% of the energy needed by the body to sustain life and support growth. When they fail, less and less energy is generated within the cell. Cell injury and even cell death follow. If this process is repeated throughout the body, whole systems begin to fail, and the life of the person in whom this is happening is severely compromised. I keep a site going on his progress so feel free to stop by there and check it out. (www.caringbridge.org/visit/zacharyboutwell)


I will try and put in some updates on the past few months as well as upload some pics for everyone. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: